We’re looking for an experienced back-end software developer to join our team. If you love working on products of high impact and want to work in a small but quickly growing company, then read on!
Proprli is a CRE (commercial real estate) technology company that provides a collaboration tool (SaaS) for property managers and landlords to streamline the property management processes.
Proprli’s platform offers a variety of features and modules, such as investment planning, financial performance overview, certifications & inspections management, project management, procurement, ESG (environmental, social and governance) impacts and much more. There’s always something new to build.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Supporting the team to design the overall structure of our software, including its components, modules and their interactions.
- Ensuring that the code written by other developers adheres to the overall architecture plan and meets the desired standards for quality, scalability, and maintainability.
- Take an active role in coding, creating the base structure of new features, and suggesting safe ways to refactor and improve existing features.
You’ll be joining a small team where your specific experience will have a great impact. You will have a lot of autonomy over your own projects, and you will get to use your expertise to lead by example.
Proprli is a young company, which means you will sometimes be expected to dip in and out of various roles as needs arise. You will learn a lot through the varied work, and you will get satisfaction in shipping software used by large corporates.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and best practices
- Opinionated on coding practices and a willingness to debate
- Fluent in PHP and familiar with other back-end programming languages
- Solid experience with advanced PostgreSQL concepts
- Comfortable working in a team environment and collaborating across disciplines
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be a team player and ready to engage and debate.
- You should be a fast learner. We often venture into unknown territory, so you should be a Google-fu master with experience-driven intuition. You should be excited to dive deep into new technology..
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Pragmatic – choose design approaches based on engineering and human principles.
- Be flexible but persistent – ready to change how you get things done but persistent in pursuing excellence.
- Be ready and willing to work in an environment that is still maturing and figuring out processes and technologies.
- Be a lifelong learner, proactive in pursuing your own growth.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work remotely.
- We encourage self-improvement: Company-sponsored books; conferences; courses. Just ask!
- A mixture of autonomy over your own work and real responsibilities to the team and business.